Amity partners with many people and organizations in the community!
We strive to work together for all the children and families in Freeport. This list contains some of our collaborations:
- Amity’s Attic
- AOK – The Executive Director and Office Assistant are active committee and planning members.
- Boy and Girls Club – combined programming
- Aquin High School – student volunteers
- CCR&R – parent subsidy program, staff training, information dissemination, grant opportunities, directors’ meetings
- Child and Family Connections – Children’s services offer collaborative and cooperative partnerships with the community, and state organizations are vital to the success of Amity’s programs.
- DCFS – At Risk/Foster Care services, licensing, children/parent support
- Early Childhood Consortium – Amity has been a member from the start in 1994. Services include shared resources, staff training/development, and shared parents’/children’s programs. Ashley Harms is the current president.
- Early Childhood Consortium – Executive Director is president.
- FACC – Emergency Shelter for children on walks, food drives
- FHN – cooperative parents/children training, support service
- FHN Foundation – provided and AED for the campus
- Freeport Community Foundation – Supports Amity by funding many requests over the years.
- Freeport Fire Dept. – CPR training/fire prevention info
- Freeport Public Library – reading programs, Emergency Shelter for children on walks
- Head Start – cooperative programming
- HCC Early Childhood Development program – Executive Director is a part-time instructor, Amity on-site job training/practicum
- Illinois Action for Children – training and advocacy
- INCCRRA – ExceleRate GOLD
- KCC partnerships – Amity, NICAA, Head Start, Boys and Girls Club
- NAEYC – Accreditation
- NICAA & Head Start – shared facility cooperative planning, shared resources, and shared maintenance costs
- NIFB – Amity Food Pantry
- Regional Office of Education – on-site PASS classrooms for the past 24 years, cooperative programming, staff training, staff development, early childhood screening
- School Districts – Freeport #145 combined/cooperative Amity children services
- Joseph School – Emergency Shelter for children on walks
- United Way – Amity staff volunteers for activities/community services and fundraising drives, collective impact.
- University of Illinois – Nutrition education
- WIC – client referrals
Amity Donors and Supporters 2018
Amity is very grateful and most appreciative for your donations and support.
Amity staff volunteer their time for Amity and the King Community Campus.
Amity’s Attic volunteers and society support for our families and staff.
Amity’s Attic and Society
Aquin High School
ComEd Tree Program
Dakota Bible School
Eagles Club 679
Eagles Auxiliary Bingo
First Lutheran Church
Freeport Community Foundation
Freeport Fire Department
Freeport Downtown Development
Jenson Heating and Cooling
Louise Maupin Memorial
Minnie Clark Memorial
St. John United Church of Christ
St. Thomas Aquinas Church
State Bank Foundation
Society members birthday donations
United Methodist Women
WREX Food Drive/ Cornerstone Credit Union
Choosing Quality Child Care—A Free Resource for Parents
Nothing’s more important to you than your children’s wellbeing, but choosing the right care setting can be difficult. This downloadable checklist will give you insight into the questions to ask and the features to look for in a day care or afterschool program. It’s our free gift to you!