Amity partners with many people and organizations in the community!
We strive to work together for all the children and families in Freeport. This list contains some of our collaborations:
- Amity’s Attic
- All Our Kids Network
- Boy and Girls Club
- Child and Family Connections – Children’s services offer collaborative and cooperative partnerships with the community, and state organizations are vital to the success of Amity’s programs.
- DCFS – At Risk/Foster Care services, licensing, children/parent support
- Early Childhood Access Consortium For Equity
- Early Childhood Consortium – Amity has been a member from the start in 1994. Services include shared resources, staff training/development, and shared parents’/children’s programs.
- FACC – Emergency Shelter for children on walks, food drives
- FHN – cooperative parents/children training, support service
- FHN Foundation – provided and AED for the campus
- Freeport Community Foundation – Supports Amity by funding many requests over the years.
- Freeport Fire Dept. – CPR training/fire prevention info
- Freeport Public Library – reading programs, Emergency Shelter for children on walks
- Head Start – cooperative programming
- HCC Early Childhood Development program – Executive Director is a part-time instructor, Amity on-site job training/practicum
- Illinois Action for Children – training and advocacy
- INCCRRA – ExceleRate GOLD
- KCC partnerships – Amity, NICAA, Head Start, Boys and Girls Club
- NAEYC – Accreditation
- NICAA & Head Start – shared facility cooperative planning, shared resources, and shared maintenance costs
- NIFB – Amity Food Pantry
- Regional Office of Education – on-site Early Learning Academy classrooms for many years, cooperative programming
- School Districts – Freeport #145 combined/cooperative Amity children services
- United Way – Amity staff volunteers for activities/community services and fundraising drives, collective impact.
- University of Illinois – Nutrition education
- WIC – client referrals
Amity Donors and Supporters 2018
Amity is very grateful and most appreciative for your donations and support.
Amity staff volunteer their time for Amity and the King Community Campus.
Amity’s Attic volunteers and society support for our families and staff.
Amity’s Attic and Society
Barry Anderson Trust
Dakota Community Church
Eagles Club 679
ExceleRate Pilot Team
First Lutheran Church
Freeport Community Foundation
Golden K Kiwanis
Highland ECE PRogram
Honeywell Hometown Sol.
Linda FondaMarilyn Smit
The Morse Group
Northern Illinois Food Bank
Regional Office of Education 8
Ron & Julie Asche
St. John United Church of Christ
St. Thomas Aquinas Church
United Methodist Women
YWCA Child Care Solutions
Choosing Quality Child Care—A Free Resource for Parents
Nothing’s more important to you than your children’s wellbeing, but choosing the right care setting can be difficult. This downloadable checklist will give you insight into the questions to ask and the features to look for in a day care or afterschool program. It’s our free gift to you!